Audiovisual Meeting : Digital Storytelling

Hi everyone! Our assignment this week was to create a "digital story". We prepared a video about a demonstration of a process. I had no experience in this subject, but we learned about it together with Mihriban Γ‡izme and completed the assignment. Thank you very much to her and you can access her post by clicking on her name. It was a very enjoyable process for us, I can't wait to tell you about it. 

If you are interested, scroll down and read on.


Our Digital Story Creation Process 

Our favorite activity with Mihriban Γ‡izme is chatting over coffee. When we were given the assignment, the first thing we thought of was to show how Turkish coffee is made. To make a comprehensive video, we first went to a famous coffee shop and bought freshly ground coffee. We also wanted to show the process of making the coffee and with the permission of the branch manager, we added it to our video. After buying our coffee, Mihriban got permission from the dormitory manager for me to enter and we shot our video in the kitchen of her dormitory. The most enjoyable part was drinking the coffee we made after shooting. We used the Canva application during the editing phase. We had difficulty in the editing part of this assignment, but it was a very enjoyable process.


My Opinions on Digital Storytelling 

This process showed me that I can easily use the skills I learned in other assignments. I also learned many new things. As a teacher candidate, I plan to use this activity in my lessons. Thanks to this, students' creative thinking skills and technology skills can develop. It appeals to students' visual, auditory, and kinesthetic skills. It makes learning fun. What do you think about digital storytelling? 


I have attached the digital story we created. Feel free to share your ideas in the comments section and stay tuned for more!  

There is much more to learn, see you in another post.😊





How to make Turkish Coffee? 

Comments