π» INNOVATIVE MATERIAL DEVELOPMENT USING CORPUS TECHNOLOGY π»
Hello, friends!π My first assignment this semester is to design corpus-based teaching materials. Have you heard of this concept before? I hadn't, but I have come across the term frequently in my other courses this semester. Through this assignment, I learned about the concepts of "corpus" and "concordances" in detail. π
I worked on this assignment in a group with Mihriban Γizme, Emircan Arslan, and Ahmet Alper AydoΔdu. If you want to visit their blogs, just click on their names. We didn't encounter any difficulties because we were given clear instructions. I'm very happy to have collaborated with them. π First, we chose our topic and discussed what types of exercises to include. We completed the material with each other's help and then created the ASSURE Model lesson plan. We selected "CorpusMate" as our corpus tool, but tools like BNC and COCA can also be useful. π
This assignment taught me a lot. As a prospective teacher, I will definitely use corpus tools in the future because they provide students with authentic language data. Instead of simply teaching a word or grammatical structure, we can encourage students to take on the role of "explorers" through these tools. π This approach helps students better understand contexts and allows them to work independently.
I have attached the material we designed below. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section and stay tuned for more updates! π« There's so much more to learn. See you in the next post! ππ
Worksheet:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ROiNAjAvrNpsFUmpyOOCZX-LH4y_Q37N/view?usp=drivesdk
Lesson Plan:
Comments
Post a Comment